Friday, March 23, 2012

Humanitarian FOSS Class is Really Interesting

Howdy, readers. I decided to lay down my first blog post and talk about this HFOSS class that I'm in. HFOSS = Humanitarian Free (Libre) Open Source Software. I haven't made a whole bunch of games using open source, so this will be a fairly new experience for me.

So far we are planning on learning some Python. I'm looking forward to this, because I have never used Python, and everyone tells me that it is a good language to learn. Hopefully, we will make some cool games for the OLPC. Back a few years ago, I was the RIT Storyteller's main videographer for the Innovation Center (where classes for the OLPC were held), so I've had some exposure to it. But I have never programmed for it, and I hear that programming for the OLPC is much harder than programming for standard machines. I am looking forward to learning about it and trying out a new challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment